Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Statement from Chief Mark Saunders



A Statement from Chief Mark Saunders

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 8:15 PM
Corporate Communications:  416-808-7100

On Monday, I attended an Editorial Board of the Globe and Mail where I was asked questions, by numerous reporters, for an hour. Time was divided between talking about our modernization plan and the ongoing investigation into Bruce McArthur.

I want everyone, particularly the community, to understand the intent of this discussion so I would like to share the following:

As a police service, we put resources into Project Houston – a dozen full time investigators did thousands of hours of work canvassing the community, posting flyers, issuing news releases, interviewing witnesses, and still those activities did not yield any results. 

I talked at length about the challenges we face and our desire to work with the community to move forward and be better. I am releasing the interview in its entirety so you can hear for yourself.

Chief Saunders' Editorial Board with the Globe and Mail.

For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.

Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications



No comments:

Post a Comment