Man and woman sought in Distraction Theft investigation, Yonge Street and Church Avenue area, Security camera images of both released
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 3:38 PM
32 Division: 416-808-3200
The Toronto Police Service requests assistance identifying a man and a woman wanted in a Distraction Theft investigation.
On Saturday, November 25, 2017, at 8 p.m, a man and a woman attended a business in the Yonge Street and Church Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- a man approached the cash register and asked the clerk to change a $100 bill
- the man requested specific bills with certain markings, which confused the clerk
- the man than took the cash
- the woman acted as a lookout and provided a further distraction to the staff
- after the man and woman left the store, the staff discovered $1,500 was missing from the till
The man is described as 25-30, 5'8", 160 lbs., medium build, black short hair, full well-groomed beard. He was wearing dark-silver dress pants, black button-up dress shirt, tie, black dress shoes.
The woman is described as 25-30, 5'6", 120 lbs., medium build, black shoulder-length hair with blonde highlight tips. She was wearing a grey sweater and burgundy leggings.
Security camera images of the man and woman have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Catalin Dorobantu, 32 Division