Man, woman, sought in Fraud investigation, Over $400,000 transferred from victim's account, Security camera images of man, woman, released
Friday, October 6, 2017 - 7:08 AM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance identifying two people involved in a Fraud investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Thursday, June 29, 2017, a woman entered a financial institution
- using false identification, she posed as a client
- she then gained access to the account of the person whose name the identification was under, and transferred over $400,000 from that account into another account
- a few days later, a man entered another financial institution and posed as a client, using false identification
- he gained access to the account the previous funds had been transferred to and used the funds to purchase a large quantity of gold.
Security camera images of the man and woman are attached.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Peter Brady, 51 Division