Man, 21, arrested after police foot chase, The Esplanade and Scott Street area, Loaded .45 calibre firearm recovered, Man faces eight charges
Monday, May 8, 2017 - 8:34 AM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest following a police foot chase.
On Saturday, May 6, 2017, at 11:11 p.m., officers were on patrol in the The Esplanade and Scott Streetarea.
It is alleged that:
- officers spotted a man in breach of court conditions
- he went into a crowded restaurant
- officers went to arrest him
- he struggled violently with the officers
- a loaded .45 calibre semi-automatic firearm was found concealed on him
Brandon Morgan, 21, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Carry Firearm in a Careless Manner
2) Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
3) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
5) three counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
6) Fail to Comply with Firearms Prohibition
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, May 7, 2017, 10 a.m., room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jeremy Boyko, 51 Division