Police request assistance with Aggravated Assault investigation, Parliament Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East
Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:47 AM
51 Division: 416-808-5100
The Toronto Police Service would like to request assistance with an Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, August 14, 2016, at approximately 7 p.m., a 62-year-old man was in a parking lot in theParliament Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East area
- he was working for a designated driver company and was in the process of picking up a customer at a boat cruise terminal
- he became engaged in a verbal interaction with another male motorist
- that male motorist threw a cup of coffee at him
- he exited his vehicle and was punched in the head by the male motorist
- he received serious, life-altering injuries as a result
The male motorist is described as black, wearing all-white clothing. Information was received that the boat cruise was hosting a "white" clothing party.
There were several people in the area who witnessed this incident. Police would like to speak with them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Andrew Nanton, 51 Division