Public Safety Alert, Thorncliffe Park Drive and Overlea Boulevard area, Tainted dog treats
Monday, November 30, 2015 - 9:54 AM
53 Division: 416-808-5300
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a Public Mischief which may cause harm to pets.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, November 27, 2015, at 12:30p.m., a man was walking his dog in a park in the Thorncliffe Park Drive and Overlea Boulevard area
- the man noticed that his dog had a green stick-like object in its mouth
- recognizing it to be a dog treat, the man removed the object from his dog's mouth before the animal could consume the entire thing
- on returning home, the dog became violently ill
- suspecting the cause of the illness to be as a result of what his dog had consumed earlier, the man returned to the park
- there, he located several of the green stick-like objects on the ground within the park
- the treats are 13 cm long green sticks that have a very strong chemical smell
If located, there is a concern that other pets or children may consume the treats and become ill.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Frank Olsen, 53 Division
An attachment to this release is available on our website.